Simple Tips To Improve Your Sleep
During an average week, you spend about as much time sleeping as you do working, so it is important to make the most of sleeping hours. In order to make the most out of your sleep, you may have to change some of your customary sleeping habits. Try these simple suggestions to improve sleep starting tonight:
- A parallel neck and chest promotes deep breathing during sleep. This is better than tucking the chin in, which stretches the neck.
- Proper neck and head position restores and supports a normal back curve. Rounded shoulders reduce lung capacity.
- An open position relieves pressure on internal organs. This is preferred to a tucked position which compresses the organs.
- A curved spine restores and supports normal lower back curves. A rounded back reverses the curve of the lower back, stretching muscles and ligaments.
- Bend legs slightly to allow for optimum blood flow through the legs to the heart. Knees sharply bent reduce circulation to the legs.